If you’re wondering which sales engagement platform is the best Yesware alternative for your particular use case, you’ve come to the right place.
We analyzed a number of tools and found the top two Yesware alternatives (plus a surprise option) that can fit various needs, budgets, and preferences.
The main factors we considered when reviewing each Yesware alternative included the following:
- Core features
- Best use cases
Of course, to provide you with the most insightful information possible, we’ve also briefly reviewed Yesware. That way, you’ll know what each platform is up against.
Here’s an overview of what we’ll go over in detail:
And if you’re not too keen on reading through the whole piece, you can always take a look at our summary…
- Some marketers will prefer an omnichannel approach to just email outreach. Naturally, many of these marketers will fare better with a platform like Expandi that allows you to leverage LinkedIn for outreach. Expandi is the best tool for omnichannel outreach. You can try Expandi for 7 days for free.
- Yesware is an email outreach tool with very few functionalities. So it can be a fit for the smallest sales teams and individuals needing only basic email tracking and some email automation options.
- Mailtag.io is an affordable tool designed primarily for email tracking. Its price and real-time push notifications make it a viable Yesware alternative for micro teams and individual users.
- Gmelius enables seamless team collaboration by creating shared workspaces inside Gmail. Sales teams and small businesses using email as their main outreach channel will benefit the most from this Yesware alternative.
An alternative for those wanting an omnichannel approach — Expandi
Expandi is a cloud-based sales engagement platform designed for automating and optimizing LinkedIn outreach.
LinkedIn is responsible for 70% of B2B social media leads, so it’s an excellent alternative to email outreach.
Expandi has numerous AI-powered features that enable it to create hyper-personalized outreach campaigns and run them on autopilot.
Why choose Expandi over Yesware?
- It has advanced automation options — Expandi can create elaborate smart sequences on LinkedIn. You can automate virtually any action (e.g., sending connection requests, sending InMail messages, viewing profiles, engaging with posts, etc.) and set up conditional steps. There are also options to incorporate email follow-ups into your sequence. As a result, you’ll get highly-personalized outreach campaigns that continuously deliver high-quality leads on autopilot.
- Expandi integrates with many platforms — Including Zapier, Google Sheets, and numerous popular CRM systems (e.g., Hubspot, Pipedrive, Zoho, etc.).
- It enables you to hyper-personalize each step of your campaign — You can customize each message, connection request, and follow-up email from top to bottom, thanks to dynamic tags and placeholders. Additionally, Expandi allows you to send personalized images and GIFs to each lead. Here’s an example of what Expandi can do:
- It’s optimized for safe LinkedIn outreach — Expandi takes numerous extra measures to ensure you always stay in LinkedIn’s good books. These measures include:
1. Providing each user with a dedicated IP address. This minimizes the chances of LinkedIn’s algorithms detecting anything suspicious about your account’s activity.
2. Mimicking human behavior to perfection. Expandi achieves this by adding delays between various actions, gradually warming up new and previously inactive LinkedIn profiles, using the working hours and time zones of your choice, and withdrawing pending requests.
3. Using smart safety limits that only allow you to send up to 100 connection requests and 100 messages per day. These limits ensure you won’t raise any red flags on LinkedIn. But don’t worry. Even with these limits, you still get to send way more requests and messages than LinkedIn’s weekly limits would typically allow. Expandi also lets you set your preferred daily activity limits within this range.
- It’s cloud-based — So you don’t need to download a Chrome extension. This also means that LinkedIn can’t detect it.
- It can scrape relevant data from virtually anywhere on LinkedIn — For example, Expandi extracts contact information from LinkedIn posts, polls, groups, and events. In addition, it can even scrape your profile viewers. This is a game-changer in prospecting and lead generation, as you’ll find qualified leads in just a few clicks.
- It provides detailed analytics that help you track and assess your campaigns — Expandi’s comprehensive and actionable reports provide invaluable insights into which strategies work the best and which need to be polished a little for optimal results.
How do Expandi and Yesware compare in price?
Expandi has one pricing plan at $99 per user per month, with no hidden extra costs or set-up fees.
Expandi is compatible with all of LinkedIn’s plans, meaning you won’t be forced to buy a LinkedIn Sales Navigator or Premium subscription to make the most of it.
Multiple users, such as large marketing and sales teams, get a discount on Expandi.
The $99 package includes all of Expandi’s numerous features and unlimited access to its numerous learning resources. This includes a comprehensive help center, video blog, LinkedIn Outreach Academy, and free eBooks like:
- Triple Your Leads on LinkedIn
- 10 Proven LinkedIn Outreach Templates From Top Influencers
- Prepare, Market, and Launch LinkedIn Events
Expandi also offers a free 7-day trial that gives you a chance to test the waters before actually committing.
Who is Expandi for?
Expandi’s advanced capabilities for LinkedIn automation make it an excellent choice for all kinds of users that use LinkedIn as their main sales engagement and outreach channel.
Agencies, big and small sales teams, and individual reps who want to boost their LinkedIn sales will all find Expandi to be a fit.
Furthermore, Expandi’s ability to personalize outreach and extract critical information about potential prospects makes it a necessary addition to any LinkedIn-based prospecting and lead generation strategy.
Try Expandi’s 7-day free trial today and discover firsthand what it can do for you.
Why are Yesware users switching to alternatives?
Yesware is a sales engagement platform that enables basic email campaign automation.
It also has some email tracking features and integrates with several notable platforms, including Google Calendar, Salesforce, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Yet, Yesware is far from the best sales engagement tool out there — especially when it comes to sales teams needing more comprehensive tools.
So, there are many key factors that push users to switch to a Yesware alternative…
What’s not so good about Yesware?
- It has very limited functionality — So Yesware is a less-than-optimal solution for advanced users. Its email tracking features are its forte, while all other features are pretty elementary (e.g., its email automation omits the option for setting up conditional steps, among other things).
- It only works with Gmail and Outlook — If you’re using a different email provider, you’ll have to switch to one of these instead.
- Its reporting features are faulty — Some of Yesware’s reports miss a lot of vital lead generation metrics. Yesware’s reports are also pretty difficult to interpret.
- It doesn’t have instant notifications that inform users when an email has been opened — Instead, there’s a dropdown list of leads who opened an email that you can only access from your inbox.
What’s good about Yesware?
- Attachment tracking — This feature enables you to track who opened your attachments and how they interacted with them. Helpfully, you get a page-by-page breakdown showing which pages and content were most engaging to leads based on the average viewing time and the number of opens.
- Integration with Google Calendar — This integration allows users to send meeting scheduling links to leads without having to install a calendar app like Calendly or Square.
- Mail merge and personalization features — Yesware has all the features you need to send personalized messages to many leads very quickly.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration — Thanks to this feature, you can see a lead’s LinkedIn profile and related info (e.g., recent activity, similar contacts, etc.) in a sidebar next to your emails. This integration also enables you to schedule LinkedIn Sales Navigator steps, so you’ll be reminded when to send an InMail or a connection request.
How much is Yesware?
Yesware has four paid-for plans and one free-forever plan.
The plans include:
- Pro — At $19 per seat per month
- Premium — At $45 per seat per month
- Enterprise — At $85 per seat per month
- Custom — At custom prices
The free forever plan includes the most elementary attachment and email tracking features, as well as the integration with Google Calendar.
It’s worth noting that the Salesforce integration is only available with the Enterprise and Custom plans.
Yesware offers a discount for annual billing and a 14-day trial.
Who is Yesware for? Who isn’t it for?
Yesware doesn’t have particularly sophisticated features — especially regarding automation. So it can be a good fit only for micro sales teams and individuals primarily looking for an email tracking solution.
Moreover, as its lower-tiered plans are fairly inexpensive, users who don’t need a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system integration could find Yesware to be somewhat of a budget option.
On the other hand, Yesware isn’t a good choice for sales teams, agencies, and individual users requiring more advanced sales engagement options.
Advanced options are something Yesware simply can’t deliver.
That brings us to…
Yesware alternative #1. — Mailtag.io
The first true Yesware alternative on our list is Mailtag.io.
This sales engagement platform is designed for email outreach, and email tracking features are its forte.
Why choose Mailtag.io over Yesware?
- Pop-up notifications — Unlike Yesware, Mailtag.io has both email and desktop notifications. That way, you’ll be notified as soon as a lead opens and interacts with your email.
- It has a mobile app — In addition to its desktop version, Mailtag.io also has a mobile app. One thing we love about the app is that you can get push notifications on your phone. So, you’ll be kept in the loop when it comes to your email open rate and engagement.
- Email signature creator — An interesting addition to Mailtag.io’s offering is an email signature creator. You can easily create a signature by listing all your vital contact information, adding your job role, and creating a professional profile picture.
How do Mailtag.io and Yesware compare in price?
Similar to Expandi, Mailtag.io has only one pricing plan. It’s charged at $12.99 per user per month.
There’s a discount for annual billing and a 14-day free trial.
Since this package includes all of Mailtagio’s functionality, it’s fair to say that this sales engagement platform is a pretty budget-friendly Yesware alternative.
Who is Mailtag.io for?
Mailtag.io is a fairly cheap tool, but that comes with a price of its own.
Namely, it has very limited functionality — even more so than Yesware.
So, although it’s cheaper than other Yesware alternatives, Mailtag.io has very few possible use cases. You can’t use it for much more than email tracking and elementary email follow-up automation.
As a result, Mailtag.io is a viable option solely for micro sales teams or start-ups looking for a budget-friendly email tracking platform.
Yesware alternative #2. — Gmelius
Gmelius is one of the best Yesware alternatives for team collaboration.
Gmelius is a sales engagement platform that allows sales teams to work on their email outreach campaigns together in real time by creating shared workspaces in Gmail.
Why choose Gmelius over Yesware?
- It fosters team collaboration in your Gmail inbox — You can create a shared workspace for your team, including an inbox or a kanban board. You can also use Gmail labels to mark work for each person. That way, you’ll always know who opened each email and which team member is working on which reply. Moreover, the shared draft option enables multiple team members to work together on email replies.
- It offers more advanced automation options — In addition to creating automated email campaign sequences, you can also configure Gmelius so it uses email auto-assignments. This means you can set up various triggers, conditions, and criteria that determine which team member is automatically assigned to an email.
- It has a wider variety of integrations — In addition to integrating with Google Calendar, Google Meet, and Zoom, Gmelius also integrates with Slack and Trello. Integrations with these workspace management platforms allow Gmelius to use two-way data syncing to further improve overall team communication.
How do Gmelius and Yesware compare in price?
Unlike many other Yesware alternatives, Gmelius has three pricing plans.
These plans include:
- Plus — At $15 per user per month
- Growth — At $29 per user per month
- Pro — At $69 per user per month
It’s crucial to note that you’ll have to opt for the Growth plan or above if automating email drip campaigns is important to you.
Gmelius offers a free 7-day trial and a discount for annual billing.
Who is Gmelius for?
Gmelius has no email tracking features, nor can it automate any other channel besides email.
Yet, automation is not Gmelius’s unique selling point — it’s Gmelius’ team collaboration options that make this sales engagement platform different from other Yesware alternatives.
So, Gmelius is the best Yesware alternative for sales teams focused on email outreach. It’s also suitable for teams that need a more efficient way to collaborate on their campaigns straight from the comfort of their inbox.
Final thoughts: Best Yesware alternative
Each of these Yesware alternatives is an excellent choice in its own right. Ultimately, your decision will depend on your outreach needs.
Mailtag.io is the best Yesware alternative for micro sales teams and individuals needing only basic email tracking features paired with some email automation options.
Gmelius is the best Yesware alternative for sales teams looking for a platform that combines workflow management and team collaboration features with email automation.
Finally, Expandi is the perfect alternative for agencies, sales teams, and individuals needing a sales engagement platform that’s fine-tuned for LinkedIn outreach.
Expandi does more than put your sales processes on autopilot — it also takes care of your safety and personalizes each part of your sales funnel.
Want to see how Expandi can get you more high-quality leads and closed deals?
Start Expandi’s free 7-day trial today and find out firsthand.